Breakfast Egg Muffin Recipe
Start your morning right with this recipe.
- 1 red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- about 3/4 cup shredded cheese, optional
- 6 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a muffin tin with silicon muffin molds.
- In a large bowl add peppers, shredded carrots, onion (or mix and match with your favorite vegetables) and toss to combine. If you want you can also add some crumbled cooked bacon.
- Fill each muffin mold with the vegetable mixture so that each is filled to about 3/4 full.
- In a medium mixing bowl, crack the eggs and lightly beat with a whisk (don't overbeat them if you want to have fluffy egg muffins). Add the salt and pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of egg into each muffin cup, equally distributing among the cups. Be careful not to overfill each muffin cup.
- Top each cup with an about 1 Tbsp shredded cheese each.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until muffins are set, cooked through, and are lightly golden. They will puff in the oven but sink upon cooling. Allow muffins to cool in pan on top of a wire rack for about 5 minutes before removing.