Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
- salt, to taste
- 8 oz penne pasta (225 g)
- 2 cups broccoli floret (300 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup butter (55 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (235 ml)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish (165 g)
- red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Bring a quart (950 ML) of water in a large pot to a boil over high heat, and salt to taste.
- Cook pasta for 8 minutes, or until slightly underdone.
- Add broccoli to pasta and simmer for 4 minutes with the lid on.
- Strain the pasta and broccoli in a colander and run cold water over to prevent the broccoli from over cooking.
- Heat the olive oil in the pot over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Season the chicken with season salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pot and melt it. Once butter is fully melted, add in garlic and stir continuously for 10 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir often and cook until sauce starts to bubble slightly.
- Once the sauce is bubbling and begins to cook down, add in Parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the cooked chicken, pasta, and broccoli, and stir until fully combined.
- Top with Parmesan cheese or red chili flakes.