Orange Cake Recipe
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr
- 10 oz unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 tablespoons orange zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease a 10 inch pan generously with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar at high speed in a stand mixture until it’s fluffy and starting to look white, about 4- 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, a little at a time, beating the mixture well between each addition. Sift in the flour and baking powder into the batter, and then add the grated orange zest , juice , almond, and vanilla extract.
- Stir well until everything is fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into a greased cake pan. Tap pan on work surface to eliminate any large air bubbles.
- Bake at 325 F until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean,about 45–50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar and serve with orange curd or drizzle over cake.
Source – Immaculate Bites