Salt Fish Fritter Recipe
- 8 oz salted fish
- 2 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp finely diced hot pepper, I used wiri wiri or scotch bonnet
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cup water
- Oil to fry
- Soak saltfish in water overnight to remove salt or boil by changing the water twice.
- If using salt fish with bones and skin, remove the bones and skin.
- Finely flake the saltfish.
- In a bowl add flaked saltfish, finely chopped scallion, onion, hot pepper, black pepper, flour and water and mix to form a batter. Add salt if needed.
- Heat oil(about ½ inch deep) over medium fire in a skillet. Drop spoonfuls of batter in the oil and fry until golden brown. Turn halfway through cooking so that it browns on both sides.
- Remove from oil using a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towel to collect the excess oil. Serve warm.
Source – Jehan Can Cook